Position Purpose: The School Nurse oversees the daily emotional, mental, and physical health of the students and employees on campus. This position works August-June.
· Provides general first aid, emergency care, and administration of medication for students, employees, and campus guests.
· Documents all visits to the nurse’s office and treatment administered to students in the school database.
· Oversees the maintenance, organization, evaluation, and updating of any school health forms, confidential medical lists, and school health database. This includes all mandated screenings, immunization records, and required school health forms.
· Documents medical conditions such as ADHD, gluten intolerance, allergies, physical or emotional issue and compiles an allergy and medical conditions list according to grade and class.
· Communicates with parents regarding injuries, illnesses, other visits to the nurse as needed.
· Communicates with administrators regarding student health/emotional concerns.
· Coordinates purchasing and appropriate storage of supplies and materials necessary for an efficient school campus.
· Checks and restocks earthquake supply cabinets annually.
· Maintains AED machines in good, working order.
· Organizes annual CPR, First Aid, and AED training for all employees.
· Organizes flu shot clinic for employees.
· Administers lice checks at the beginning of the school year and after every vacation or outbreak.
· Maintains a high level of confidentiality and consistently demonstrates sound judgment.
· Occasionally answers front office phones when receptionist is not a desk.
· Current CA RN license with 5+ years of relevant experience.
· Proficient computer and word processing/Excel skills.
· A kind, calming presence, with exceptional nursing skills, strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to collaborate and work well with others.
· Demonstrated ability to exercise professional judgment in decision making.
Send resume to Gricelda Gamboa email@example.com
About Village School, Inc
Village School is a TK-6 elementary school in Pacific Palisades, California, serving 290 students.
BACK TO TOP
ASHA Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else ASHA has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at ASHA Career Center.