St. John’s Prep, a coeducational Catholic high school seeks to hire a School Health Nurse. This is a full-time position that begins in September 2020. The nurse is responsible for supporting a safe and healthy environment for students, employees, and visitors on campus. The Nurse will work with the COVID task team which is responsible for managing the care for suspected COVID-19 cases while ensuring proper protocols are in place to protect the spread of illness to the school community.
Primary responsibility for health and safety preparedness and response planning, specifically:
- Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates the health needs of students and staff.
- Serves as liaison between the medical community, the school, and the staff regarding student health concerns.
- Provides a systematic collection, communication, and documentation of data pertaining to the health status and nursing needs of students.
- Administer medications at appropriate times.
- Serve as health matter expert when developing/revising school health policies (i.e. food allergies).
- Train staff on health and safety practices in the classroom, First Aid/CPR &AED training, and other training in compliance with all NY State mandates.
- Coordinate health requirements for school trips, including collating student health information and providing required equipment.
- Works with the Pandemic Task Force Team to establish procedures to mitigate the spread of illness, including the implementation of infection control measures in the school related to COVID-19, based on CDC and DOH recommendations.
- The position is primarily a school-year position, with intermittent summer responsibilities.
Qualified Candidates Should Possess the Following Education and Experience:
- New York State License, as a Registered Nurse
- Current certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation/automated external defibrillator (CPR/AED)
St. John's Preparatory School, a college preparatory co-educational high school, is dedicated to promoting academic excellence and to instilling the principles and values of the Catholic Faith in a positive, nurturing environment. Inspired by its Vincentian tradition, St. John's Prep is built upon the profound respect for every individual. Students' character formation is nurtured through a rigorous academic curriculum, and engaging religious program, enriching service experiences, and extensive extracurricular opportunities. St. John's Prep prepares students to be successful in meeting the challenges of the 21st century and in creating a world in which all "have life more abundantly."