This position will serve as Counselor to Upper School Students in grades 9-12.
The successful candidate will possess an outstanding attention to detail, demonstrated ability to multitask, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to communicate information about complex student information in a respectful and clear manner. The ideal candidate will be able to work both independently and as part of a larger team.
A full position description and job requirements can be reviewed here.
* Master’s Degree or PhD in Social work, Psychology or Professional Counseling
* 3 to 5 years of professional mental health experience providing direct clinical care
* All candidates must have an active clinical license in Maryland Licensed Certified Social Worker – Clinical (LCSW-C), Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW) or Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC).
* Experience implementing individual, group and/or universal evidence based interventions.
* Working understanding of current treatment approaches e.g. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT) and Dialectic Behavioral Therapy (DBT).
Internal Number: P101
About McDonogh School
McDonogh School is a community that finds joy in work, in play, and in the discovery and realization of personal potential. Strong, mutually respectful relationships among and between students and teachers inspire a passion for learning, a dedication to personal integrity, and a commitment to excellence. Embracing diversity of background, culture, and thought, the school builds upon its founder's original mission to provide a life-altering opportunity to develop in its students the will "to do the greatest possible amount of good."
Founded in 1873 and situated on an 820-acre campus, McDonogh is a day and boarding institution that employs 330 faculty and staff; serves 1,370 students in grades PK-12; has a substantial operating budget and endowment; and just completed a $75 million capital campaign, the largest of any independent school in Maryland. Long been recognized as one of the finest schools in the nation, McDonogh has a reputation for being highly innovative and "on the move."
McDonogh School strives to employ a faculty, administration, and staff exhibiting sound ethical standards and character traits such as moral courage and self-reliance, intellectual confidence ...and curiosity with a love of learning, and the ability to think critically, communicate effectively, and engage in a wide scope of educational, athletic, and artistic endeavors.
Members of the McDonogh community strive to have the highest of moral principles, and to exhibit cooperativeness, loyalty, open-mindedness, and sensitivity, as well as attention to physical, mental, and emotional health, growth, and well-being of self and others.