Providence is calling a Surgical Technologist (1.0 FTE, Days) to Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK.
We invite you to grow your career in a fast-paced 18 suite OR. With over 1,000 cases per month, you will become an expert in your field. The days of being pigeon-holed into just one Operating Room providing one service line are behind you. Rather you will get to have a voice and focus on specialty areas of your choice. With state of the art equipment to include the new XI robot and hybrid room for minimally invasive procedures, we offer an environment unmatched by any other in the region.
In this position, you will:
- Work with surgeons, anesthesiologists, registered nurses, and other surgical personnel in delivering patient care during surgery.
- Handle instruments, supplies, and equipment necessary during the surgical procedure, anticipate the needs of the surgeon in providing these, and maintain a sterile environment.
- Demonstrate appropriate review of patient charts and intervene as necessary to assure charts are complete prior to surgery.
- Provide for comfort and safety to the patient during the operation.
- Operate all equipment, including the preparation of homeostatic, and blood replacement products and devices.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of six months professional experience in an Operating Room in an acute care setting
- Experience scrubbing on a variety of surgical procedures
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Graduation from a Surgical Technology Program accredited by the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation (CAHEA)
- Completion of a Surgical Technician Military Training program
- Certified Surgical Technologist (CST)
About the Operating Room
This is a great opportunity to be employed by the largest OR facility in Alaska, that has the latest technology including robotics and provides state of the art patient care. Currently we have 17 OR suites and we are expanding. With over 1,000 cases per month, all surgical procedures are performed here except for organ transplants.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Surgical Services
Req ID: 143842