Providence is calling an Athletic Trainer to the West Olympia Family Medicine Clinic in Olympia, WA.
This is a full time position (40 hours per week) and is eligible for benefits.
We are seeking an Athletic Trainer to provide management and care of local school athletic games and practices for the Tumwater school district, primarily working with student athletes. During clinic hours the Athletic Trainer will be working with all patient populations. The Athletic Trainer is considered a member of PMG Sports Medicine Clinic and will provide and assist in the coordination of activities that include injury prevention, immediate assessment/evaluation, and treatment of injuries. The Athletic Trainer will also provide direct support to the Primary Care Sports Medicine physician in the clinic setting including initial patient screening, initial history and physicals, electronic medical record documentation, rehabilitative exercise instruction, computerized concussion testing and casting/splinting.
In this position you will:
- Assess and provide appropriate injury prevention, management and rehabilitation to athletes within the guidelines of the N.A.T.A. and state licensing board regulations.
- Evaluate the status of injured athletes and make recommendations for return to play. (or) Evaluate athletes and initiate appropriate treatment using accepted techniques in the school(s) setting.
- Communicate and advise frequently and effectively with others involved in athlete's care regarding scheduling, treatment plans, progress and participation status.
- Provide and maintain accurate records of all injuries, treatment, and protocols provided.
- Work in cooperation with school nurses and PMG staff in determining existing health conditions which may affect athletic participation, general health, or safety of athletes.
- Provide casting and splinting support in clinic setting.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- N.A.T.A. (National Athletic Training Association) Certification
- BOC (Board of Certification) for Athletic Trainers.
- Washington State Athletics Trainer's License.
- Current license through the State of Washington.
- AHA BLS or American Red Cross CPR/AED for Medical Professionals within 30 days of hire.
- Department of Human Services (DHS) criminal background check.
- Valid driver's license and proof of insurability.
- Knowledge of evaluation techniques, health diagnostics, athletic training, health care practices, athletic training, health rules and regulations, child development, and record keeping.
- The ability to adapt and respond effectively to multiple demands. Administer appropriate levels of health care, screening tests, maintain records, and communicates effectively.
- The ability to work in a variety of environments with many distractions and noise.
- The ability to utilize available exercise and modality equipment as approved by NATA.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in health related field.
- Master's degree in athletic training, sports medicine, kinesiology, exercise physiology or other sports medicine related field.
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in one or more of the following: sports injury, high school/college athletics, sports medicine, physical therapy.
- Certified ImPACT Trained Athletic Trainer, Certified Kinesiotaping Professional, Functional Movement Assessment Certification, Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, Certified Exercise Physiologist, Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist, Certified Group Exercise Instructor.
About the clinic you will serve.
Providence Medical Group is a group of more than 125 primary care, specialty care and hospital-based medical providers who serve a five-county region in scenic southwest Washington. Our clinics are located in Aberdeen, Centralia, Lacey, Olympia and Rochester. With an emphasis on the medical home model, our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient – one focused on trust, respect, communication and team
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Physical Therapy
Req ID: 145616